Hello! I know, you were wondering if I got hit by a train or something, right? I did not, and I apologize for my absence. I’ve been thinking about you. Nearly everyday I come up with something wonderful I’m going to blog about, but I have been so busy. These are the things I’ve been up to:
1) Birthdays – From mid-September to mid-December all six members of my family have their birthdays. Between friend parties and family parties, I’ve been making a lot of cake, preparing a lot of food, buying and wrapping a lot of presents, as well as making invitations and piñatas and goody bags. I’ll share some of my creations with you soon!
2) Halloween – my kids are not shy about what they want to dress as for Halloween. I’ve always loved doing fun costumes for them, and I try to keep the cost equal to what I would pay for a pre-made costume, but it means a lot of work. This year we’ve got Thomas Jefferson (It’s not the most popular costume in the third grade at your school? Hmmm), two 50’s girls, and a racecar driver. I’ll update you as things get finished.
3) New job for my husband. It’s wonderful, he is much closer to home and in a great work environment. But I’ve spent several hours this last week dealing with healthcare issues as we endure the 90-day waiting period for our new health insurance to kick in.
4) Work. The fall is one of the busier times for my photography business. I’m also taking a typography class right now. It’s fun, but it takes time!
5) Trying to keep our house from falling apart while making time for working out, making relatively healthy food for my family, and life in general.
The beginning of the schoolyear always signals a time of intense work in my home, and I approach it with both excitement and loathing. My life is pretty non-stop until January. I hope to share some fun things with you in the next few days.