Top 5 Reasons to do your Christmas Cards Now!
I know, it feels too early to start thinking about Christmas cards, but the truth is, it’s already a little late. Here are five reasons to take care of this little task now:
5. You still have a tan from all those hours of lying in the sun over the summer. Don’t wait until the fall when your skin is pasty-white! Do your photos now!
4. In case you take a photo that looks like it will end up on awkward family photos, you still have time to do a re-take.
3. The weather is still nice, so you don’t have to worry about it being freezing cold while trying to get everyone to smile. (Trust me – I once found myself taking photos for a family on the coldest day in history – it was miserable!)
2. Your photographer is less likely to be booked right now, and the favorite photo spots near your house will not be so crowded. Once in the fall I was doing photos for a family a this man-made waterfall fountain near my house. There were about seven other families with photographers there. It was nearly impossible to get a shot that didn’t have another family in the background.
1. This one is easy – just think of how much less stress you will have this year when you’re not trying to cram your Christmas cards in with all the other stuff you’re trying to do. My goal this year is to have a low-stress holiday. I want to have everything done by the end of November (and I mean everything – shopping, wrapping, Christmas cards, decorations) so that we can spend the entire month of December making gingerbread, reading Christmas stories, and sipping hot cocoa by the fire. Join me in this ambitious endeavor!